Friday, October 15, 2010

Christmas Presents

I started making some of my Christmas presents this week.  I decided to focus on preparedness items instead of just "stuff".  I'm making these really cute decorated fabric bags that will be filled with all the items needed for a full meal.  The meals will of course be three month supply meals since all items will need to sit on a pantry shelf.  I'm making a set of three bags, the recipe cards will be included.  The idea is that it's a quick and easy meal in a bag that you can grab and make without any preparation instead of stopping in the drive-thru on the way home because dinner wasn't planned before hand.  It can also be used as a quick and easy meal that your husband or older children can make without supervision or a lot of explanation.  Ideally I'd like to have 5 or 6 bags on my pantry shelf that are always ready to go.  Once you make one of the meals you just replace the food items so that they are always ready for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment